Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Clouds


I know this is really random, but have you ever just looked on Google at pictures of clouds? Today I learned about cloud streets, which if you don't know about, you should really look up. Look at the picture on the right. Because of space, this isn't the full size of it, but you really should (see the URLs at the bottom of this post) it's huge, and absolutely beautiful. I love pictures like these, pictures that make you feel like you are right there in the clouds themselves. It's what everyone loves about window seats on the plane, but somehow I can never capture anything like this. I always end up with a very detailed picture of how scratched up the window was.

Whenever I'm in the car, I can sometimes see beautiful clouds, and my absolute favorite is when you see sunshine streaming through a little hole there, like something in a painting. It's an amazing feeling whenever I witness something like this. It always makes me feel happy and hopeful.

Something I learned about today are cloud streets. I don't know how they are made, because I haven't looked it up, even though I very easily could. I can't really describe this, so I will just include a picture. Let me know what you think!



Cloud streets are pictured on the right.

















Images:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2b/Clouds.JPG
http://dcruzinphotography.com/gallery/cache/Landscapes/Light-Streams-Through-Clouds-Over-Puget-Sound.JPG_595.jpg
http://giceo.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/cloud_streets.jpg

3 comments:

  1. omg!!!!! cloud streets are soooo cool! i love the pics you found of them! they are a pretty interesting phenomenon

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey elena this is so cool!! i'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete